Tuesday, January 20, 2009

44th President


Today, Barack Obama has been sworn into office. At these hard times, we need a beacon to shine a light and to tell us that we CAN. The journey will be long and difficult but I believe that we can do it. Especially with our dumbass former president out of the way. Me and Chris had a discussion the summer between sophmore and junior year of high school. We were in the pool and I asked the question "What do you think we'll have first, a black president or a woman president?" I thought black, he thought woman (betted on Hilary). This election showed that both are possible. That it doesn't matter the color of your skin or gender. All that matters is that you can get things done and create change in a good way. I hope in these 4 years, we will learn that together, we can make the change happen but only if we are willing to give it our all.


1 comment:

Chris said...

Did I really say that? I can't remember it, but i'm not going to deny that I said that. But now that there isn't a white man in Office, we can stop talking about the "What ifs" for an African-American president. We still have "What ifs" for a female president though. I remember a story about former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher when she was with George H.W. Bush and she told him to grow some balls.